Welcome to the future of Foothill Village
Located in the heart of the East Bench neighborhood at the base of the Wasatch Mountains, Foothill Village has been a part of the fabric of the surrounding community for over 65 years.
Starting in 2023, this iconic shopping center will undergo a remodel to modernize building exteriors, enhance pedestrian connectivity, and create meaningful communal gathering spaces throughout the center.
- Overall cosmetic upgrades and improvements to facades, signage and wayfinding
- Reposition the former Stein Mart space into a collection of smaller retail spaces complete with a central plaza area that will provide direct access to the adjacent park
- Create communal gathering elements throughout the shopping center
- Complete substantial improvements to the existing parking garage including lighting upgrades, new paint, and signage
Renovations anticipated to commence in the spring of 2023. More updates to come as construction phasing schedule is determined and plans and permits are finalized.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the key aspects of the project?
- The project includes overall cosmetic upgrades including improvements to facades, signage and wayfinding, incorporation of communal gathering spaces throughout, redevelopment of the former Stein Mart space into a collection of retail spaces, and an improved pedestrian connection to the adjacent park and surrounding neighborhood.
What is the project schedule?
- The project is estimated to take two years over the course of multiple phases to minimize tenant disruption. We are currently in the permitting phase and renovation efforts are anticipated to commence in the spring of 2023. All updates on the schedule will be made available on this website.
Will you be building apartments at the project?
- No, we will not be building apartments and our renovations are focused on updating the existing shopping center.
Will you be eliminating the public park?
- No, the park is a community amenity that will remain. We hope to work with the community to enhance the existing park.
Will existing businesses be relocated?
- We are actively working with the handful of impacted businesses to discuss best options for alternative locations.
Will existing businesses be open during renovations?
- Yes, we are in the planning process and all work will be carefully coordinated to allow for the continued operation throughout the duration of construction.
Why is there more vacancy than usual on the north end of the shopping center?
- Although we will keep businesses open during our extensive remodel work, there will be inevitable turnover. We have strong leasing interest for the existing vacancies and will share updates as new businesses join the shopping center.